This page serves as a clearing house for a wide range of videos and articles on topics from sustainability to biomimicry to ecological design.
New resources will be routinely added here after this site goes live in September 2018, please check back!
Examples of progressive education models that are aligned with IVL are numerous. The videos are represent examples that demonstrate the efficacy of progressive education approaches to learning.
1. The Independent Project
This is a wonderful model that is almost identical to the type of IVL learning that has been in place in Scott Beall’s classrooms in the Brewster Central School District since 2001.
2. Finland: The nation of Finland rose in its students’ ranking from mediocre to #1 globally through transformation of its education model to emphasize minimal testing, virtually zero homework, and focus on play and student centered learning.
1. Great article on plastic, microbeads, lotions etc.
2. How much plastic is in the Ocean?
3. United Nations vid featuring dissection of birds
4. Excellent website on ocean pollution
5. Kids take action on plastic
- 1. Drawdown: This organization and the book that is driving it represents the most powerful and comprehensive guide to meeting the challenge of climate change.
2. Excellent documentary film on the scientific process historically and current work that has led to scientists understanding of humanity’s role in climate change. A little over 2 hours long but worth every minute.
3. Website for up to date and comprehensive information: NASA
4. Scientific Consensus – Ok To Be Smart
5. James Hansen (Director of Goddard Institute of Space Studies, NASA) Scientific Paper written with dozens of colleagues:
Article in the Washington Post
Learn about Biomimicry from the Biomimicry Institute
This site, the Keenan Institute for Ethics is an excellent source for orientation to ethics, social justice and sustainable development.
Technology and Society
Smartphones and children article
Images from cassini mission to mars
1. Pendulum wave machine
2. Pendulum wave outdoors elementary school project
3. Simple Harmonic Motion
4. Sine curve and unit circle