DoRight Leadership Corps
Value and Benefits for Stakeholder Groups
A key strength of DoRight Leadership Corps lies in its ability to add value for multiple sectors of society in a single self-sustaining program. Value points from the point of view of these stakeholder groups are listed below. Many overlap significantly.
SPECIAL DISCUSSION: FOCUS ON MIDDLE SCHOOL--How DoRight addresses specific issues and challenges of middle school age students.
FOR STUDENTS . . .
- A fun and social context to do something meaningful and actually make a difference (motivational)
- Enhanced respect from adults in all sectors
- Enhanced self confidence in their ideas and ability to influence the adult world (read Testimonials)
- Knowledge and experience that can actually put money in their pocket: economics, entrepreneurialism, professionalism, interpersonal skills, marketing and sales
- Inspiration for the future and leadership empowerment to be an active force for positive change
- Enhanced interpersonal skills
- Powerful resume building experience for college applications and/or future employment
FOR SCHOOLS . . .
- Purposeful, active, and invested connection with local citizens, parents and local businesses
- Enhanced perception by the community that schools add value directly, in concrete measurable ways, to the community beyond just benefiting students and their parents
- Enhanced student engagement and achievement
- Improved performance on standardized tests
- A more creative, passionate, productive and empowered student body and school culture
- Enhanced school image, stature, and publicity opportunities
FOR PARENTS . . .
- Enhanced youth interest, skill, and knowledge in entrepreneurialism and economics
- Resume building and increased employability of youth
- Expanded career interests, options and opportunities
- Ethical and character development and enhanced sense of purpose, direction and social responsibility
- Increased confidence, skill and knowledge base in practical real world contexts
- Leadership development of youth
FOR BUSINESSES. . .
- Free (or very low cost) assistance in reducing costs and raising profit
- An education in sustainability--the interconnections between the economy, the environment, markets, costs and profits.
- Business image enhancement that can translate into sales--"green" is "in"
- A greater number of business savvy, professional, and experienced applicants for employment
- Economic security through the creation of an enhanced network of independent businesses who support each other
- Publicity opportunities
FOR COMMUNITY, SOCIETY, AMERICA, AND PLANET EARTH . . .
- Engagement of youth in the political process--a strengthened American democracy
- More responsive, local economies that benefit local citizens
- Raising the deficit of environmental literacy in America (Roper study) and the awareness of the state of the world , sustainability issues (interrelationships between ecosystems, social systems, consumption and future projections) and solutions
- A more sustainable, secure, and prosperous future
Back to DoRight Leadership Corps main page